Selected Speaking Events and Guided Walks are listed here. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a new walk or talk in your area of interest.
- December 1, 2017, Presentation for the EC Historical Society at 11;30
- Wednesday, Oct 11, Vantage House Presentation
- Thursday, Oct. 12, Downtown Columbia – meet at Lakefront Plaza (10275 Little Patuxent Parkway). 10 am
- Thursday, Oct. 26, Hickory Ridge – meet at Hawthorn Center (6175 Sunny Spring) at 10am
- Wednesday, Sept 13, Vantage House Presentation
- Thursday, Sept. 14, Harper’s Choice – meet at Hobbits Glen Pool (11130 Willow Bottom Drive) meet at 10am
- Saturday, Sept 23, walk around Lake Elkhorn. Meet at dockside at 10:30am
- Sunday, Sept 24, walk in Oldtown Ellicott City
- Thursday, Aug. 24, Owen Brown Interfaith Center, Lake Elkhorn Water Quality Seminar. 6:30 pm
- Thursday, Aug. 31, Kings Contrivance – meet at Huntington Pool (7625 Murray Hill Road). 10 am
- Thursday, July 13, Long Reach – meet at Jeffers Hill Neighborhood Center (6030 Tamar Drive) at 10:am
- Thursday, June 1, 10 am, Explore River Hill Walk – Meet at Claret Hall
- Saturday, June 24, 8:30 am, Explore the Mall Walk – meet in front of Seasons 52
- Thursday, May 4, 10 am, Explore Owen Brown Walk – meet at dockside across from McDonalds
- Thursday, May 18, 10 am, Explore Oakland Mills Walk – meet at Thunder Hill Neighborhood Center
- Thursday, May 25, 5-8 Wine in the Garden at Conservancy – Mt Pleasant, Woodstock, MD
- Tuesday, April 18, 3:30 pm, Keynote Address for STEM program at HC College
- Thursday, April 20, 10 am, Explore Wilde Lake Walk – meet at WL Barn
- Thursday, April 20, 5 pm, Book of the Year Lecture at HC Central Library
- Friday, April 21, Storytelling Performances at Conservancy at 7pm; Workshop-2 to 6
- Saturday, April 22, Greenfest at College
- Saturday, April 29, 2pm, Walk through Historic Ellicott, MD, Post flood
- Thursday, March 9 Environmental Legacy Leadership Presentations
- Monday, March 20, Long Reach High School
- Storytelling Performances at Owen Brown Interfaith Center. 7pm
- Sunday, March 26, 11am, Walk in Downtown Columbia
- Monday, March 27, 12 noon at Oregon Ridge Nature Center – Master Naturalists
- Wednesday, March 29th, 7 pm at NASA Goddard – Climate Change
- Thursday, December 1 at 9:30 am at Goucher College
- Thursday, November 3, 10 am CA Walk around Oakland Mills – Other Barn
- Saturday, November 12 at 12pm Health and Sustainability Conference at HCC
- Wednesday, November 16 at 5:30pm. Maryland Academy of Sciences Awards
- Thursday, October 6, 10 a.m. CA Walk around River Hill Village North
- Wednesday, October 12 at 12pm. Sustainability Talk at HC Dept of Rec and Parks
- Sunday, October 16, 2 pm Earth Forum Walk at First Presbyterian
- Thursday, October 20, 10 a.m. CA Walk around Wilde Lake / Faulkner Ridge
- Thursday, October 20, 7pm. Meet the Author at HC Library System Central Office
- Wednesday, October 26 at 10 am. Sustainability Walk around HC College
- Wednesday, October 26 at 6pm. Chair Panel on Future of Old Ellicott City
- Tuesday, September 6 at 7:30 pm. Watershed Stewards Academy
- Saturday, September 10, 10 a.m. CA Walk around Kings Contrivance / Dickinson
- Sunday, September 18 at 3:30. Preservation Howard County Annual Awards-Waverley
- Wednesday, September 21 at 4pm. At Oregon Ridge – Nature for Teaches Walk
- Thursday, September 22, 10 a.m. CA Walk around Harper’s Choice / Longfellow
- Tuesday, September 27 at 12:30. Master Naturalist Class at Audubon Society
- Thursday, September 29 at 8am. Vantage House Rotary
- Thursday, August 25, 10 a.m., CA Walk around Long Reach / Kendall Ridge
- Thursday, June 2, 10 a.m., CA Walk in Gateway Business Park
- Thursday, June 16, 10 a.m., CA Walk in Columbia Downtown
- Wednesday, May 4- HCPSS Watershed Teachers at Belmont. “Patuxent River”
- Thursday, May 5th , 10 a.m., CA sponsored Walk around Lake Elkhorn / Hopewell
- Thursday, May 5th, 6 to 9pm – Robert E Lee Park Master Naturalist Program
- Tuesday, May 17, 9am – Robinson Nature Center Master Naturalist Program Finale
- Saturday, May 21, 10 a.m., CA sponsored Walk in Dorsey Search / Kids Bike About
Friday, April 8 at 7pm – Cromwell Valley Park – “The Chesapeake: Past, present and future”
- Monday, April 18 at 7pm – Columbia Arts Center “The Art of writing and speaking from the heart”
- Thursday, April 21, 10 a.m., CA Walk around Hickory Ridge / Clary’s Forest
Thursday, April 28 at 7pm – HC Conservancy “Celebrating the Places We Love – Right Here in Howard County!”
- Thursday, March 3 from 10 to 4 – Belmont Manor and Patapsco River Lecture and Hike for the Legacy Leadership Environmental Institute.
- Thursday, March 3 at 7:15 – Sunrise Rotary Club in Ellicott City. Restoring our Green Infrastructure
- Friday February 26, 2016 – Howard County Conservancy 3rd Annual Storytelling Workshop, Featured Speakers, and Open Microphone.
- Friday January 1, 2016 – Ned will co-lead another First Day Hike at McKeldin Area of the Patapsco State Park at 1pm.
- Thursday December 3 at 7:30 – Clubhouse at Tanyard Cove with Terrapin Adventures – Saving the Places We Love
- Tuesday December 8 at 10am – Federated Garden Clubs of MD Environmental Council
- Thursday October 15 at 10 am – River Hill – Explore the streams and woodlands of the Middle Patuxent Watershed. Meet at the Community Pool.
- Wednesday October 21 – Horizon Foundation Retreat – Exploring Wincopin Trail.
- Thursday October 29 at 10 am – Wilde Lake – Urban Ecology around our oldest village. Meet at boat house off of Hyla Brook Rd.
- Thursday September 10 at 10 am – A walk to Jackson Pond: Nature Connectivity – How come we have so much wildlife? Meet at Phelps Luck Neighborhood Center.
- Thursday September 24 at 10 am– Lake Kittamaqundi – Enhancing human connectivity as Columbia grows. Meet by the People Tree down at the Lakefront Plaza, 10221 Wincopin Circle..
- Thursday August 20 at 10 am – Lake Elkhorn: Managing nature, stormwater, and our growing population. Gather at docks across Cradlerock Way from McDonalds.
- 4 June — Keynote Address for the Master Naturalist Annual Meeting at University of Maryland, College Park
- 03 May — Walk with Ned Tillman and Dana Sohr from Mt Ida to the Trolley Stop tracing The History of Ellicott City. RSVP required.
- 13 May — Exploring the Lakes of Howard County — RSVP required. Ned Tillman leads a tour of Lake Elkhorn. 10:30 a.m.
- 16 May — History and Nature hike around Mt Pleasant — Ned Tillman leads a walk for The Village in Howard
- 17 May — Heritage Tour of Ellicott City: Rocks, Rivers, and Railroads – A walking tour sponsored by Patapsco Heritage Greenway, Baltimore Heritage, and Howard County Tourism. All welcome, registration requested.
- 18 May — Saving The Places We Love talk at Oakland Library
- 1 April — Future of Columbia presentation at the Downtown Columbia Rotary
- 16 April — The Chesapeake Watershed: A sense of place at the Legacy Leadership Program
- 18 April — Greenfest at the Howard Community College
- 28 April — History and Nature Hike along Wincopin Trail for the Horizon Foundation
- 6 March — Steps Towards Environmental Acitvism for the Legacy Leadership School at Extension Office.
- 18 March — Conservationists in Action – National Broadcast featuring Ned Tillman (US Fish and Wildlife Service) http://nctc.fws.gov/broadcasts
- 23 March — Natural History of Maryland at the Oregon Ridge Master Naturalist Program
- 25 March — How to Create a Sustainable Future at the Frederick Rotaries: Lunch and Breakfast Clubs
- 26 March — Technical, Political, and Financial Transitions, at The Johns Hopkins Club
- 6 How to Teach Activism, The Howard County Public Schools at Belmont Manor
- 15 Panel on Storm Water Solutions at The Earth Forum in Columbia, MD
- 17 Saving The Places We Love: 10 am at the Howard County Conservancy at Belmont Manor and Historic Park in Elkridge, MD
- 1 Rockburn to Swinging Bridge Walk by HC Dept of Rec. and Parks. 9:30
- 15 The past, present and future of Old Ellicott City – Walk begins at 2pm at HoCo Tourism Center on Main Street in old Ellicott City
- 20 Sierra Club Presentation at the Robinson Nature Center at 7:30 pm
- 12 Talk and book signing sponsored by the Robinson Nature Center at 2pm
- 18 Centennial Lake Trail Walk sponsored by HC Dept. of Rec. and Parks at 9:30
- 18 The Un-natural History of Baltimore and the Inner Harbor sponsored by the Maryland Natural History Society at 4pm on top of Federal Hill
- 25 Lake Kittamaguundi Trail Walk sponsored by Town Center at 9am (Petit Louis)
- 14 Patapsco Valley Walk at Avalon sponsored by Maryland State Parks at 1:30 pm
- 16 HC Library East Branch talk and book signing at 7pm
- 20 Wincopin Trail Walk sponsored by HC Dept of Rec. and Parks at 9:30 am
- 21 Patapsco Valley Walk at McKeldin sponsored by Maryland State Parks at 1:30 p