There are so many reasons to cut our use and abuse of fossil fuels.
So why not set personal and national goals for 5% to 20% less use of fossil fuels – and start today.
I can do that. Can you? Please send me your thoughts and your goals.
Reasons for reducing fossil fuel use:
- National Security
- Support for Ukrainians
- Save money
- Buy local – plenty of domestic clean energy options
- Get off the grid
- Fewer spills into the ocean, waterways, and our soils
- Fewer methane leaks and explosions
- Reduce thousands of premature deaths due to fossil fuel emissions
- Reduce asthma attacks
- Clean the air, water, and land
- Slow down the warming of the climate
- Reduce waste generation from drilling, transportation, and plastics
You could cut your fossil fuel use by 5% to 20% starting today. Don’t procrastinate.
- Try driving less and walking or biking more – good for you too
- Lower your thermostat – where a sweater
- Insulate your attic
- Open windows in spring, summer, and fall
- Insulate your windows in winter
- Buy less and enjoy life more
- Use fewer plastics and throw away less
Whatever your reason (or reasons) – pick a goal now. We need everyone’s support.
I pledge to do #s__. ,_. _,_. _,_. or all of the above, and will try to lower my usage of fossil fuels by